AGE AS OF JULY 31, 2020 – Unlimited weight
Flag – 4 & 5 year old (5 yr old may move up to 6U Tackle prior to Game 1)
6U Tackle – 5 & 6 year old (5 yr old may move down to Flag prior to Game 1)
7 year old Tackle
8 year old Tackle
9 year old Tackle
10 year old Tackle
11 year old Tackle
12 year old Tackle
14U (13 & 14 year old)
Balance must be paid in full before equipment or uniforms are distributed. No Exceptions!!
You may make early payments on any registration date. See fee registration fees information.
COACHES AND TEAM DADS NEEDED! For additional information, please contact:
Ken Balkman – 813-573-8616
Chris Ray – 813-397-9491
AGE AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 – Unlimited weight
Flag – 4 & 5 year old (5 yr old may move up to 6U Cheer prior to Game 1)
6U Cheer – 5 & 6 year old (5 yr old may move down to Flag prior to Game 1)
8U Cheer – 7 & 8 year old
10U Cheer 9 & 10 year old
12U Cheer – 11 & 12 year old
14U Cheer – 13 & 14 year old – 15, if 14 on January 1 & turns 15 on/after January 2 of current year
The Cheer Pack is an item that the cheerleaders need to complete their uniforms, which includes: Book-bag, 2sets of practice gear, warmup, crop top, socks, bloomers, game day bow, nike cheer shoes.
We will participate in three Cheerleading Competitions, dates TBD. TBYFL competition is FREE!
Balance must be paid in full BEFORE Cheer Pack are distributed. No Exceptions!!
All the above items are needed in order to cheer on Game Day.
You may make early payments on any registration date. See fee registration fees below.
COACHES AND TEAM MOMS NEEDED! For additional information, please contact:
- No parents are allowed on the practice field – unless a coach instructs you to come out.
- No arguing with any coach or volunteer ( See Parent Handbook for more information and the Adult Code of Conduct).
- Please have your child at practice on time( let your coach know if you will be late)
- Please make sure your child has plenty of drink available at all practices.
- Please respect each other and the coaches during practice and the games.
- Please help us keep our complex clean by picking up any trash and placing it in the trash receptacles.
- Please help keep our restrooms clean (if you notice a dirty restroom, notify a board member).
- Inclement weather; unless contacted by phone or email from the Athletic Director, Cheer Coordinator or Coach that practice has been canceled, please show up and assume practice will be held.
- Please volunteer as often as you can. It takes MANY MANY hours of dedication to keep our program growing, we are all volunteers.
Practice & Game Information:
The normal TBYFL season begins with practices starting in mid to late July. The Panthers will usually practice up to 5 days a week during the initial portion of practices that do not overlap with the beginning of the school year. After school starts, practices are held at the Larry Sanders Sports Complex @ 5855 S 78th Street every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
Games are held on Saturdays and usually run from mid-August until late October. Teams advancing into the playoffs can sometimes play until late November.
- All players need to arrive at the games at least an 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The reason for this is weigh-in starts 1 hour prior to game time and players must weigh in and have their picture verified before they are allowed to play.
- You must submit a parks and recreation release form and have turned in your child’s birth certificate. If not, your child will not be able to play.
- Hydration will be provided during the games.
- TBYFL and Hillsborough County require that all coaches, cheerleading coordinators, team moms and anyone else on the field must be complete a training course and carry a certification card. Information on the course can be found on this website.
If you have further questions please call the appropriate number below:
Trustee: Jeff Key (813) 784-6618
President: Chris Logan (813) 279-0926
Financial Director: Michelle Willams (813) 965-8172
Athletic Director: Nate Henry (813) 410-9100
Cheer Coordinator: Patrina Caldwell (813) 325-0311
Your child cannot participate until all balances are paid in full
Drinks & Food Containers:
There will be NO OUTSIDE FOOD CONTAINERS OR DRINKS ALLOWED INSIDE COMPLEX AND NO COOLERS OTHER THAN TEAM MOM OR DADS !! NO EXCEPTIONS !!
2020 TBYFL VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION
BE SURE YOU HAVE TALKED WITH THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR/CHEER DIRECTOR
OF YOUR ORGANIZATION BEFORE BEGINNING THE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION PROCESS.
You Must have a Badge if:
- If you will be in direct contact with the Children
- You will need access to the Practice or Game Field
YOU WILL NEED A BADGE IF YOU WILL BE IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH CHILDREN and NEED ACCESS TO PRACTICE/GAME FIELD
|TBFYL Registration||ALL VOLUNTEERS|
|Copy of ID||New Volunteer or New Jr. Coach||Returning Volunteers|
|Current Coach Certification Card||ALL VOLUNTEERS RECEIVING A BADGE||Jr. Coach|
|Concussion Certification||ALL VOLUNTEERS RECEIVING A BADGE||Jr. Coach|
|Background Check||ALL VOLUNTEERS RECEIVING A BADGE||Jr. Coach, Law Enforcement|
|CPR||Head Coach, AD, Asst. AD, Cheer Director, Asst. Cheer Director||Optional for any other volunteers|
- TBYFL Volunteer Online Registration with Reg Pack – https://www.regpacks.com/reg/templates/build/?g_id=100905019
- You register online ELIMINATING the submission of paper documents
- Based on your responses the site will direct you to the Requirements to complete
- You can upload copies of your Cards or Certificates online
- TBYFL will notify your Organization of Volunteers and their status
Two options for Coaching Certification & New Background Vendor
- Hillsborough County Class – Coach Certification only – 2 year – Free
- Hillsborough County Coach Class Only -Registration – 813-744-5394, (813) 653-7714 or email
- Call the County Contact to Register for the Class – attend the class, stay to the end to get your Card
- Take a free concussion course separately at NAYS.org, print your certificate
- Make copies of Card & Certificate to submit with your registration
- Complete a background check with our new vendor – Verified Volunteers $39
- Online at NAYS.org – Coach Certification/Background – 1 year $59
- Nays.org Coach Course/Concussion/Background – https://www.nays.org/sign-up/
- Note: Select TBYFL as the Organization
- If Law Enforcement or have already done a Background : Select TBYFL Excluded
- Coach Course & 1 sport $20
- Free Concussion Course
- Background with new vendor – Verified Volunteers $39
- Can complete all your requirements in NAYS.org
- Can download your Cards & Certificates to print (for paper registration) or upload (for online registration)
- You have online access to all your coaching & background information 24/7
- You can renew next year with just a few clicks
- Nays offers Member Benefits, $1,000,000 Excess Liability Insurance, access to loads of videos & resources
- Required for Head Coach, AD, Asst AD, CH Coordinator, Asst CH Coordinator
- Free Online Course & Certificate: https://www.firstaidforfree.com/
- In order to download your certificate you need to make sure you have marked all the units as ‘completed’. They should all appear with a green tick next to them on the course homepage.Once you’ve marked all the units as completed you will be emailed a link to download your certificate. Please note this email may take a couple of minutes to arrive. If you do not receive an email then please check your ‘spam’ or ‘junk’ box.
Florida law requires that a background screening be conducted annually.
We use – Sterling Volunteers – $39
Volunteer Registration – Reg Pack – https://www.regpacks.com/reg/templates/build/?g_id=100905019
Online Coach Certification $20 –https://www.nays.org/sign-up/
Online Free Concussion Training – https://www.nays.org/additional- training/signup/
Online Free Cardiac Arrest Training – https://www.nays.org/additional- training/signup/
Sterling Volunteers for Background Check – https://bit.ly/2UW2fc3
It is the intent of this policy to establish certain guidelines wherein its affiliated organizations can seek to protect the children of TBYFL by administering due diligence by:
- Investigating the background history of all volunteers over age 18.
- Ensuring compliance with Hillsborough County coaches certification requirements.
- Maintain current demographic and contact information on volunteers of TBYFL.